Job Summary: The Business Office Assistant is responsible for processing and managing the day to day accounting records for the school in compliance with accounting standards and school policies and procedures. Also, the business office assistant is, responsible for supporting faculty and staff members as needed.
Desired characteristics: A quick learner with excellent problem solving skills and technological know-how. They can bring structure and process to any task. The right individual for this position will understand customer service and makes it a priority in every action. This individual’s Microsoft Office product knowledge (Excel and Power Point) must be very strong. Experience with accounting systems/entries preferred
- Respond to inquiries from parents and other parties regarding accounting matters.
- Process all Accounts Payable invoices for payment in compliance with accounting standards and school policies and procedures. Invoices received through the end of the day on Wednesday should be processed for payment and mailed on Thursday each week.
- Administer purchase requisition process to ensure approved authorization of expenditure of funds. Process approved requisitions within 24 hours of receipt, record delivery of goods and coordinate distribution of orders. Follow-up with vendors as necessary to address delivery and quality issues.
- Maintain all accounting files in a orderly and systematic manner including student accounting records (single file for each student, AP invoices, employee files (si by the Director of Finance and Administration and Head of School. Maintain a copy of all written correspondence (including e-mails and memos) and a log of phone calls and verbal discussions including the name, date, time, contact, and topic in the appropriate file.
- Maintain student accounting in the financial system in compliance with school policies and procedures. Update financial system within 24 hours of receipt of pertinent documentation (e.g. contract, financial aid form, etc.).
- Process ACH, all checks and cash received for deposit in compliance with all accounting requirements and school policies and procedures. Deposit all funds received by the end of the day on Monday on Tuesday and all funds received by the end of the day on Thursday on Friday.
- Maintain complete new hire packet including all benefits enrollment and payroll forms for distribution to new hires no later than their first day of employment. Maintain complete library of benefits and payroll related forms for distribution to current employees upon request.
- Prepare and distribute monthly budget reports for responsible parties for each project.
- Assists with other school functions including receptionist/secretary, before/after hours, lunchroom and summer school as needed.
- Maintain focus and communicate recommendations on opportunities for improvements in efficiency and reduction in costs.
- Complete special projects as directed by the Director of Finance and Administration.
To apply: Send cover letter, resume and references to Head of School, Peggy Fiala: email@example.com
Subject line : Business Office Assistant
Extended Day Coordinator (Part-Time)
Job Summary: The Extended Day and After School Enrichment Coordinator reports directly to the Head of School and is responsible for development, coordination, public relations and human resource functions of extended day and after school enrichment. This is a part-time, hourly paid academic year (20-25 hours per week) position with an hourly wage of $18.00. Normal work hours are 1:00PM-6:00PM on all school days with required availability for longer or more flexible hours on non-school days (professional development, parent-teacher conference days, December and March Camp weeks, etc.).
- Coordinate and organize the registration and payment process for all programs.
- Manage all program budgets
- Plan and manage programs to ensure a clean, organized, and safe environment as well as an enriching and enjoyable experience for CDS students.
- Provide supervision, activities, and guidance appropriate to students’ age and development.
- Accurately track student attendance both for safety and billing purposes.
- Ensure that all program staff are trained in and adhere to all CDS health and safety policies.
- Perform other duties as requested by the Head of School.
- Actively engage with and supervise students during free play (indoors and outdoors).
- Have primary responsibility (with input from the Head of School)
- Manage staff schedules, including finding subs when necessary.
- Provide leadership and guidance to the staff.
- Cultivate positive relationships with families, students, and staff.
- Adhere to all CDS faculty policies and procedures.
After School Enrichment Program:
- Assess, enhance, and where appropriate, expand program offerings aligned with the Chesterfield Day School’s mission and meeting the physical, emotional intellectual and social needs of children.
- Have primary responsibility (with input from the Head of School) for the development, coordination, scheduling, hiring, and contracting for all After School Enrichment Programs.
- Plan and coordinate After School Enrichment Program communication.
- Experience working with toddler through sixth grade aged students.
- Degree in Early Childhood Education/related filed or working towards a degree.
Send Resume and references to Head of School: Peggy Fiala at firstname.lastname@example.org.
Subject line : Extended Day Coordinator