Apply to CDS
Our streamlined admissions process is easy to launch:
1) Complete the online application below. Note: As part of the application, CDS requires records from previous schools and a teacher recommendation.
2) Upon submission of your application and receipt of all supplementary materials, a CDS representative will contact you to set up a visit for your student. The student visit allows CDS to get to know your student better and learn more about his/her skills and interests. The length of the classroom visit depends on the age of the applicant:
- Toddler applicants: 30-minute visit (with parents)
- Preschool applicants: Half-day visit from 8:15 – 11:15 a.m.
- Kindergarten-Sixth Grade applicants: Full-day visit from 8:15 – 3:15 p.m.
Beginning in Kindergarten, applicants are evaluated in core subject areas during their classroom visit.
3) Once CDS has received a completed application including any supplementary materials needed and the potential student has finished his/her visit and testing (if applicable), our admissions committee will meet to make a final decision on acceptance.
4) Families will receive notice of acceptance through phone and written documentation. In the event that a student applies and is accepted to a class that is already at capacity, the student will be placed on a waiting list and notified when space becomes available.
5) Once a student is accepted, the family will receive an Enrollment Agreement and additional forms to complete. In order for a student to attend classes, the school must receive a signed Enrollment Agreement, a non-refundable enrollment deposit of $1,000 per child, and health and immunization records from your child’s physician. A student is not considered officially enrolled until a signed Enrollment Agreement is received by CDS, which must be counter-signed by the Business Office.
| Apply Now and Join Us!
Please Note: A non-refundable $75 application fee must be received by Chesterfield Day School before your application will be processed. Please mail or deliver your application fee separately, or complete the credit card charge information after the submission of your application.