Apply to CDS
Our streamlined admissions process is easy to launch:
1) Complete the online application below. Note: As part of the application, CDS requires records from previous schools and a teacher recommendation.
2) Please submit a signed Transcript and Records Release Form to Ashley Giljum. A Teacher Recommendation Form should also be sent to your child’s school for completion (click here for the Toddler – Grade 4 form, here for the Fifth – Sixth Grade form). Once these items are completed, the school should send all records and recommendation forms directly to Chesterfield Day School.
3) Schedule a visit – A student visit allows CDS to get to know your student better and learn more about his/her skills and interests. The length of the classroom visit depends on the age of the applicant:
- Toddler applicants: 30-minute visit (with parents)
- Preschool applicants: Half-day visit from 8:15 – 11:15 a.m.
- Kindergarten-Sixth Grade applicants: Full-day visit from 8:15 – 3:15 p.m.
Beginning in Kindergarten, applicants are evaluated in core subject areas during their classroom visit.
Once CDS has received a completed application including any supplementary materials needed and the potential student has finished his/her visit and testing (if applicable), our admissions committee will meet to make a final decision on acceptance.
Families will receive notice of acceptance through phone and written documentation. In the event that a student applies and is accepted to a class that is already at capacity, the student will be placed on a waiting list and notified when space becomes available.
Once a student is admitted to Chesterfield Day School, the family will receive an Enrollment Agreement and additional forms to complete. In order for a student to enroll and begin attending classes, the school must receive the following items:
- A signed Enrollment Agreement
- A non-refundable Enrollment Deposit of $1,000 per child
- A completed Medical Record Form from your child’s physician
- An up-to-date Immunization Form from your child’s physician
| Apply Now and Join Us!
Please Note: A non-refundable $75 application fee must be received by Chesterfield Day School before your application will be processed. Please mail or deliver your application fee separately, or complete the credit card charge information after the submission of your application.