Apply to CDS
“At CDS, all of the faculty and staff know each child by name and interest. Our school has such a warm, familial feel to it. I am so grateful to work with such talented, intelligent, and passionate students and teachers!”
Alissa White, Second-Third Grade Math & Science
Our streamlined admissions process is easy to launch:
1) Complete the online application below. Note: As part of the application, CDS requires records from previous schools and a teacher recommendation.
2) Upon submission of your application and receipt of all supplementary materials, a CDS representative will contact you to set up a visit for your student. The student visit allows CDS to get to know your student better and learn more about his/her skills and interests. The length of the classroom visit depends on the age of the applicant:
- Toddler applicants: 15-minute visit (with parents)
- Preschool applicants: Half-day visit
- Kindergarten-Sixth Grade applicants: Full-day visit
Beginning in Kindergarten, applicants are tested in core subject areas during their classroom visit.
3) Once CDS has received a completed application including any supplementary materials needed and the potential student has finished his/her visit and testing (if applicable), our admissions committee will meet to make a final decision on acceptance.
4) Families will receive notice of acceptance through phone and written documentation. In the event that a student applies and is accepted to a class that is already at capacity, the student will be placed on a waiting list and notified when space becomes available.
5) Once a student is accepted, the family will receive an Enrollment Agreement and additional forms to complete. In order for a student to attend classes, the school must receive a signed Enrollment Agreement, tuition payment (amount based on payment schedule), and all additional forms must be complete. A student is not considered officially enrolled until a signed Enrollment Agreement is received by CDS, which must be counter-signed by the Head of School. Once this has been done, the Agreement will be returned to the family.