- Independent, coeducational, not-for-profit, serving students age 18 months through Sixth Grade
- Founded in 1962
- 35 faculty, staff and administration
- 67% of our faculty hold advanced degrees
- Average teaching experience = 17 years
- 150 students age 18 months through Sixth Grade
- Student/teacher ratio = 8:1
- 36% religious and ethnic student diversity
- Families hail from over 30 zip codes in the St. Louis area
- Independent Schools Association of the Central States (ISACS)
- National Association of Independent Schools (NAIS)
- American Montessori Society (AMS)
- Independent Schools of St. Louis (ISSL)
- 8.94 acres at 1100 White Road, Chesterfield, MO 63017
Kindergarten - Sixth Grade: 8-8:15 a.m. to 3:15-3:30 p.m.
Full-day Todder and Preschool: 8-8:15 a.m. to 3:15-3:30 p.m.
Half-day Toddler and Preschool: 8-8:15 a.m. to 3:15-3:30 p.m.
CDS also offers an Extended Day Program. Visit Auxiliary and Enrichment Programs for more information.
CDS uses the Educational Records Bureau Comprehensive Testing Program (CTP 4) to assess efficacy of curriculum and relative student performance. The following graphs compare the performance of our 6th grade with national and independent school norms.