The School Receptionist serves as the first point of contact for current and prospective parents both in person and over the phone and serves as the “face of the school”. He/she will assist our students with heaLth-related issues. He/she will complete daily administrative tasks essential to the smooth operation of our school.
A warm and engaging personality. The ability to effectively communicate with children and adults alike. The ability to handle multiple requests for information at one time from various visitors to the school and internal members of our community. Strong ability to determine one’s needs and deliver that information. Strong verbal and written skills. Experience with Microsoft Office including Outlook, Word and Excel. An aptitude to learn other administrative database applications.
- Being present at the Front Desk of the School from 7:30 am to 4:00 pm on school days when the school is open.
- Serving as the first point of contact for current and prospective parents both in person and over the phone and skillfully providing answers or directing them to the person who may answer their question.
- Assisting our students with health-related issues. Basic First Aid and CPR are required.
- Maintaining our administrative databases. School will pay for training.
- Creating and tracking registrations for several events and extracurricular classes at Chesterfield Day School throughout the school year.
- Managing Outlook and Website calendars for the school.
- Assisting with other day-to-day activities that support the employees of the school including laminating school and classroom materials.
- Serving as the point person for other administrative tasks. Examples could include:
a. Assisting parents with the scheduling of visits to classrooms.
b. Assisting parents with the scheduling of Parent-Teacher Conferences
c. Managing the school database for emergency (e.g.: snow day) communication.
d. Scheduling and planning logistical details of school pictures.
e. Planning the logistical details of school events such as graduation.
f. Compiling transcript information for secondary school information.
g. Working with a third party company to design and produce our annual school yearbook.
- Other tasks identified by the Head of School or Senior Administrative Team
Compensation and Benefits
Compensation will be determined based on experience. A competitive benefit package including health care insurance, retirement, and 65% tuition remission as a benefit for qualified children of full-time employees.
To apply, please send a cover letter, resume, and names and contact information of three professional references to Matt Virgil, Head of School, at email@example.comPlease put “School Receptionist” in the subject field.