Careers at CDS
Education is the most important building block in a child’s future. That is why at Chesterfield Day School we ensure that every member of our community advances our mission to provide personalized education of unparalleled excellence to children of diverse backgrounds. The faculty, administration, and staff model a love of learning and community to our students and families and promote a culture of excellence and service. As one of the best independent schools in Chesterfield, MO, it is our policy to provide equal employment opportunities to all applicants without regard to race, color, religion, gender, age, national origin, disability, sexual orientation, marital status, or military status.
Thank you for your interest in employment at Chesterfield Day School.
Chesterfield Day School is an Equal Opportunity Employer and does not discriminate against any applicant because of race, color, creed, religion, sex, or national origin.
Chesterfield Day School (www.chesterfielddayschool.org) is seeking a part-time preschool (ages 3-5) assistant for the 2014-2015 school year. The ideal candidate must be an enthusiastic, bright, experienced team player who works effectively with young students. The preschool class is for students ages 3-5 years, with two lead Montessori-certified teachers and a morning assistant collaborating to nurture children in a Montessori environment. Hours are approximately 7:45 am -noon daily. Previous experience working with this age group required. Minimum associate’s degree or experience in a Montessori classroom required, and Montessori-related coursework or paraprofessional certification a plus. The ideal candidate must have an educational philosophy consistent with school’s philosophy (http://www.chesterfielddayschool.org/page.cfm?p=9)... Please send a resume and cover letter describing one’s professional and personal characteristics to Mr. Jeff Horwitz, Director of Academics and Student Services using the following email address: firstname.lastname@example.org.
Auxiliary Programs Coordinator
Chesterfield Day School seeks an Auxiliary Programs Coordinator to oversee the school’s afterschool care, extracurricular and off-day programming. The Auxiliary Programs Coordinator is a part-time position during the academic school year. Compensation will be reflective of the responsibilities associated with the position as well as the ideal candidate’s related experience.
Leadership opportunities and administrative responsibilities include:
• Being part of the staff and overseeing the afterschool care program from 3:00 pm to 6:00 pm on all school days.
• Staffing, marketing, and overseeing the extracurricular programming which are fee-based classes offered throughout the school year from approximately 3:30 to 4:30 pm.
• Programming, staffing, marketing, and overseeing off-day camps at CDS which occur on days when school is not in session. (e.g..: Faculty Professional Development, President’s Day, Spring Break)
• Creating, maintaining and communicating all records, as required by the school, to other schools, contractors, and professional associations.
• Hiring and evaluating the services of appropriate staff and teachers to organize and operate the extracurricular and off-day programs.
• When extracurricular progams are in session, providing administrative oversight of the programs to ensure they are smoothly and successfully operating.
• Creating and maintaining all safety and health records for the after school care, extracurricular and off-day programs.
• Arranging thoughtful communications with and events for the parents of the extracurricular and off-day camps.
• Working with the Director of Advancement to identify and recruit qualified students for the full-year program.
• Working with the Director of Finance and Administration to develop a budget and to ensure the profitability of the program.
• Preparing appropriate summary reports for the school, the Board of Trustees, and the public.
• Performing other duties as assigned by the Head of School.
• A commitment to Chesterfield Day School, its mission and its community.
• Experience teaching in and/or directing summer and extracurricular programs that focus on early childhood and elementary aged students
• A belief that the Auxiliary Programs Coordinator position is a customer-oriented responsibility and a strong commitment to the actions that will ensure that each constituent that he/she works with is well served.
• A high level of integrity, warmth, confidence and composure; a positive outlook; a strong work ethic; and a good sense of humor.
• An ability to work well with a team and establish productive working relationships.
• Excellent communication skills, both oral and written.
• Proven management and interpersonal skills essential.
• Proficient with applications such as Microsoft Word, Excel, and Powerpoint.
• Ability to interact effectively with and earn the respect of all constituencies of the Chesterfield Day School community.
• Completed Bachelor’s degree required or substantial work in progress toward this degree.
Send cover letter, a one-page personal statement on the qualities or traits that would make you successful as the Auxiliary Programs Coordinator, and resume with references to email@example.com by August 1, 2014. Please use the following subject line “Auxiliary Programs Coordinator” and address all communications to Matt Virgil, Head of School.